How to Study NCERT Books UPSC Exam | NCERT IAS Subject Books
5 January, 2022 0 0 21021
How to study NCERT books for the UPSC Examination
NCERT books form the basic study in most of the subject preparation of the UPSC examination.
- Simple to understand the basic concepts clearly.
- The tables are easy to memorize the facts.
- The contents are highly reliable.
Must-Read Books for the UPSC Exam:
How to read :
- Read by keeping your UPSC Syllabus in hand. Study subject-wise rather than grade-wise completion.
- First time just read the book and understand the concepts
- Before proceeding to the second read, go through the previous year’s question papers to get a glimpse of the questions asked in the topic.
- Now in the second read, highlight the important ones.
- Make notes in the third read
- Make sure you reduce your time each time you read the same topic.
Notes from NCERTs:
- t is recommended to take notes as per the topic in the syllabus. Divide notes only as per the syllabus topics.
- Each subject and topic needs a different note-making style to make it easy to remember.
- Like, many topics in Geography need Mnemonics, most of the history notes need a flow chart with simple factual data in them, etc.
- So maintain notes according to the need.
- Rephrase the notes in such a way that you need not look back to your book again for the same topic after a year or so.
- Also, use digital notes like Evernote, etc whenever needed. This will ease your preparation.
- Never study without your syllabus!
- Do not divert or get attracted to unnecessary topics from any books
Sorry, Comments are closed!